Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Flower of the Swamp

Flower of the Swamp
Collage
Copyright Kerry Schofield

"Flower of the Swamp" is my version of "Lily of the Valley." Living in Florida now for many, many years, I can say that I know a little something about swamps. Although there are alligators and snakes swimming in swamps, there are also pretty and unusual flowers and plants that grow around them. Beautiful and graceful egrets, herons and wood storks wade in swamps as well as hundreds of dragonflies that hover over them. And, hawks, vultures and birds of prey such as owls frequent the swamps for a "meal."

3 comments:

  1. Your swamp flower is quite lovely. I'll bet you know a thing or two about swamps! They're amazing ecosystems.
    Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi. I have just redesigned my art blog and have plans in the next few weeks of adding a collage banner for the lettering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love your use of color & texture!

    ReplyDelete